Bill is a veteran of the global mobile industry – before analogue first generation systems were launched in the early ’80s. He is a former CTO at the GSM Association, & one2one (now T-Mobile UK/EE/BT). With previous experience in NXD roles and working for VCs, Bill brings a wealth of strategic, commercial and technical knowledge to Azenby. At Azenby, Bill has been instrumental in helping MNOs with their transformation programmes; smaller vendors enter into new markets and the GSMA develop their awards programme and CTO judging panel for the best-in-class category at Mobile World Congress. He has also recently worked with a Footsie 100 company to help them enter the mobile market as an MNVO.
- Lead engineering consultants from conception to launch in a major MVNO market entry
- Transformation programmes to radically improve operational excellence
- Technical due diligence of large network operators for investors and acquirers
- Drove mobile industry defining programmes such as Integrated messaging, iPx and data roaming whilst at the GSMA
- Architect of first major MNO tower deal in Europe
- Managed first major greenfield vendor design and build roll-out programme