|With over 30 years’ experience of executive and technical leadership in IT, John has a proven track record in the creation of IT strategies both within large multi-nationals and embryonic start-ups. He has over 15 years’ experience of Board-level CIO leadership in telecoms (MediaOne, one2one, Etisalat Nigeria).
John is also an Adjunct professor at Ferris State University undergraduate courses in International Business and Business Strategy. John began working in mobile back in 1986 at USWEST Cellular. He then took on a series of executive roles at MediaOne International and one2one (now part of EE UK). Recently he did a 3-year stint at Etisalat Nigeria, as CIO. Having worked in over 30 countries, he’s is very comfortable working in cross-cultural settings.
- Developed accelerated ‘concept-to-market’ processes for rapid delivery of mobile telecoms products and services, including state-of-the-art BI/analytics platform for customer insight and channel management at Etisalat Nigeria.
- Consistent delivery of capex/opex commitments to shareholders, often in excess of $100m per year.
- Oversaw design of new data centres and major infrastructure overhauls, including call centres at Etisalat (Nigeria), Hagerty and USWEST Cellular (USA)
- Responsible for delivering rapid SW release cycles using Enterprise Product Catalogue (Amdocs) tools in a dev/ops delivery methodology.
- Implementation of $75m transformational Customer Care/Billing Project (Amdocs) at one2one
- Developed IT ‘go to market’ and support plans for 17 MediaOne International ventures in Europe and Asia, based on standardised OSS/BSS and tailored in-country support.
- As a consultant, performed numerous ‘due diligence’ evaluations in support of private equity investors.
- While at Intelligent Energy, designed and implemented asset management tools to monitor mobile phone towerco power assets in India, utilising MS Azure cloud tools.
- Adjunct professor at Ferris State University undergraduate courses in International Business and Business Strategy