Paul is a commercial specialist. He is an experienced negotiator, strategist and deal creator with a reputation both for mastery of the details and clarity of the big picture. At Azenby, he has been particularly active in the MVNO market, supporting various clients on different sides of the market, either MNOs or MVNOs. This work has included rates and terms for domestic access via either national roaming or more classic light-MVNO structures. He has also advised clients on international roaming with particular focus on multi-IMSI solutions and European Roaming Regulations. Paul has worked in telecoms for over 20 years in a wide variety of functional areas. The senior-level roles he has held include Wholesale, Commercial Management, Legal, Marketing, Customer Services, New Business Development, IT and Strategy. The breadth and depth of his experience at an operational level have given him a rare perspective and familiarity with all aspects of a modern mobile telco, which he brings to bear in all his assignments.
- Commercial support to all aspects and phases of the launch of a major MVNO
- Commercial, technical and project support to a specialist sim-hire company based in India, supporting a complete restructuring of the company’s operating models across multiple continents and operators
- Advising and supporting a European MNO in relation to protracted, on-going negotiations concerning an MVNO opportunity it was evaluating
- Bringing two highly acclaimed TV commercials to air as interim Marketing Director at T-Mobile
- Significantly reduced cost and improved performance metrcis within Customer Services by transforming the approach to scheduling and real-time incident management
- Led the MVNO negotiations with Virgin Mobile on behalf of T-Mobile UK that rebuilt the relationship between the 2 companies
- Put in place a series of Roaming and Interconnect deals over several years that drove down cost whilst driving up service quality