Phil is a technology specialist with 25 years’ experience running development teams and delivering new products into the mobile market. At Azenby Phil has worked with numerous clients advising on the core network and evolution of technology – how it can be deployed in support of innovative product developments particularly in the MVNO markets. He has also advised clients on the impact that emerging technology will have over the next few years on their current and planned businesses – with particular attention to potential new revenue streams. He also has aided clients in generating the necessary RFQ/RFI procurement documents; adjudicating through to a chosen vendor and through the necessary contractual negotiations both for equipment vendors and Mobile network operators as potential hosting partners for MVNOs. Phil has also authored several patents which have been submitted for granting. He formerly worked at BT, Cellnet, MPCN, T-Mobile and Everything Everywhere where his last role was as Director of Product Development, Engineering and where he was pivotal in the T-Mobile / Orange UK merger.
- Strategic advice to and facilitation between clients on MOUs/JVs
- Support to a European MNO on spectrum strategy in an auction
- Advising a European MNO in the revision and relaunch of its network strategy
- Technical due diligence for a PE firm involved in mobile operator acquisition
- Support to a European MNO in the merger clearance process
- Design, delivery & launch of the first mass consumer prepay systems; the first deployment of MMS in Europe & advanced data traffic management across the DT group in Europe