Tim has 20 years’ experience in mobile networks, having held senior management roles in design, test & validation, planning & delivery of the Radio Access Network. As an Azenby Director he provides senior level technical expertise in areas such as technical due diligence, network sharing & mergers, procurement and planning & design. He has recently worked on several network sharing agreements globally and has provided radio infrastructure design advice to a major UK governmental body as well as currently working with a European MNO on operational out-tasking . Prior to his role in Azenby he was Director of Access Network Planning & Delivery at EE. Prior to this he was Director of Access Network Design & Delivery at Orange where he led the outsourcing of the RAN plan, build & run organisations. He was the Orange Network lead for the T-Mobile / Orange UK merger.
- Provided technical advice & leadership on international group wide radio equipment tenders for two different MNOs
- Provided technical guidance to a major new UK MVNO in support of their SIM procurement activities
- Acted as interim national radio planning manager for a major UK infrastructure provider
- Has worked with clients in Africa, Europe and Asia on the technical aspects relating to network sharing and merger deals
- Led the first ever team outside of France Telecom R&D to be made responsible for group wide test and validation of network products
- Gained investment for and led rollout of HSPA network for Orange UK taking them to first place in YouGov survey for network performance